Astrill Setup Manual:Getting started with Astrill VPN Router
Thank you for purchasing the Astrill VPN Router. Please follow the below instructions to set up the VPN router with your Astrill account settings.
Astrill VPN Router Setup Instructions
1. Begin by connecting your Astrill router as follows:
a. Connect a LAN cable from one of the Ethernet port of your modem or primary router into the one and only Internet/WAN port of your Astrill router. b. Plug in the power to your Astrill router and wait for few minutes for initialization. Then connect to the Astrill VPN router using following settings in step 3.
2. Next open a web browser on your computer, preferably Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox and enter 10.10.10.1 in the address bar. (The default router login and password are admin/admin.)
3. Your router is preset with the wireless information as shown below.
IP Address: 10.10.10.1 Router Control Panel Username: admin Router Control Panel Password: admin
Wireless 2.4 ghz SSID: Astrill Encryption: WPA2 – Personal / AES: way2stars
However, if you would like to change the wireless SSID or password/key you can do this from the Wireless menu. It is recommended to do this before setting up the Astrill VPN service.
4. Click on the Astrill VPN link in the menu. Enter your Astrill VPN account E-mail address and Password and click on Next button.
5. Your Astrill VPN router will connect with the Astrill server and setup Astrill VPN applet on your router first time. Once installed, it will display your account information, available servers and settings, basic setup instructions and support information.
a. Choose your desired server from the drop down list. b. Click the box to “Start Automatically” c. Click Connect and your VPN will automatically begin the connection process. d. Note that you have Service valid date information as well as current status on this screen. e. If you want to learn more about Astrill Router Applet functionality in detail, please visit Astrill Router Applet
6. You can visit this page to confirm your IP address.
If you have any problems with setup or connection or need some technical help with your router, please contact our online support and they will be happy to help.
Thanks again for purchasing Astrill VPN router. We hope you enjoy it!
Astrill Router Hard Reset Procedure
1. Start with modem or router on.
2. Locate, press and hold down the reset button at the back of the main unit.
3. While holding down the reset button pull the power out of the unit.
4. Release the reset button.
5. Press and hold down the reset button.
6. While holding down the reset button plug the power back in to the unit, It is important that you continue to hold down the reset button for approximately 20-30 seconds.
7. Router will reboot and then you can start setting it up from above manual.