Astrill Setup Manual:Common Problems and Solutions (Troubleshooting)
WHEN ASTRILL IS CONNECTED BUT CERTAIN SITES ARE NOT ACCESSIBLE.
1) Clear your browser cookies and cache.
2) You can try clearing your flash cache and cookies using this link (make sure to delete all sites and confirm the prompt)- http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html
then restart browser and it should work
Switch to any US server and report back if this works out any better for you.
How to select different servers in Astrill application - http://i34.tinypic.com/2hxbl87.jpg
WHEN CONNECTED TO OPENWEB BUT SPEED IS ZERO
Help>>Reset Settings on Astrill Application.
Then Please try this:
1. Open Astrill
2. Settings->OpenWeb Options: CHECK "Set System Proxy"
3. Change port to 8642
4. Restart Astrill
Then try with USA via Korea
Help>Speed Test on Astrill Application.
Use this to find the fastest server for your connection.
IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE CONNECTING USING MOBILE DEVICE
We suggest you to type server IP instead of address and try again.
You can find list of all servers here:
Once you pick up a server, to get its IP address type on your PC in console (cmd.exe on Windows/ Terminal on Macintosh):
This will give you IP address of server, type that on your phone.
Also it is possible that your phone uses a proxy from your ISP, You can try to disable ISP proxy in phone settings.
WHEN TUN/TAP IS NOT WORKING
Please go to Control Panel --> Network and Internet --> Network Connections --> 'Change Adapter Settings' and enable 'Astrill SSL VPN' To do so, right click on 'Astrill SSL VPN' and select 'Enable'
If you can't find 'Astrill SSL VPN' under 'Change Adapter Settings', you would need to do the following.
Log in to Astrill application --> Press and hold the 'CTRL' key on keyboard and click on HELP tab in Astrill application.Then click on 'TAP Hide/Show' option and confirm the Windows prompt to allow changes. 'Astrill SSL VPN' will appear under 'Change Adapter Settings' and you can enable it.
OR IF ABOVE DOES NOT WORK, YOU CAN FOLLOW THESE
1) run cmd.exe as Administrator
2) Call the following commands to disable driver signature enforcement
bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON
3) Reboot computer, and during boot press F8, and select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement"
4) When you boot into Windows, reinstall Astrill.
MAC DOES NOT ALLOW APPLICATIONS WHICH ARE NOT DOWNLOADED FROM APPLE STORE
Please go to System Preferences>> Security and Privacy>> General tab. You will see there 'Allow applications downloaded from:' and select 'Anywhere'. This should fix the problem.
WHEN CONNECTED TO US SERVER BUT DIRECTED TO CHINA/HONGKONG GOOGLE
Then you will get an English Version.
CERTAIN SITES ARE NOT WORKING WHEN USING ASTRILL APPLET
Please disable OpenDNS on your router and your PC as well. PC should use DHCP from VPN router. This way it will use Astrill DNS servers configured on router and all sites will work.
WHEN REMEMBER PASSWORD IN ASTRILL APPLICATION DOES NOT WORK
Help>Reset Settings on Astrill Application.
Now type your password. Login and Logout Astrill Application. Exit it.
Rerun Astrill. It should remember.
Make sure you don't copy/paste the password.
It won't keep it saved. If you copy/paste.
NO INTERNET CONNECTION WHEN ASTRILL IS OFF/LOGOUT
You can try these solutions below
Check browser network settings, remove any proxy.
If there is no proxy, you can change your DNS to google DNS. You can refer from this screenshot
If it still does not work, you can follow these steps below
1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings. (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
Under Refresh your PC without affecting your files, tap or click Get started.
Follow the instructions on the screen.
WHEN HOMEPLAN IS NOT WORKING
Make sure that you have not copied the application from other device. Astrill application should be downloaded to device directly from our download page
HOW TO SETUP PERMANENT FIREWALL LINK TO ASTRILL IPSEC GATEWAY
Our IPSec is compatible with Apple devices. We have not tested it on other devices, however some customers are using it on routers with success.
Cisco IPSec PSK configuration:
Here are parameters for the 1st phase:
- username/password: your astrill credentials
- preshared key (PSK): way2stars
- exchange mode: main or aggressive
- encryption: aes or 3des or des
- hash algorithm: sha1 or md5
- dhgroup: 1024-bit (group 2)
Here are parameters for the 2nd phase:
- encryption: aes or 3des or des or rijndael or blowfish or twofish
- authentication: hmac_sha1 or hmac_md5
- compression: deflate
DNS interception is broken for Chromium browser
We did intensive tests and found the issue is not in our software at all.
Recent Chrome/Chromium browsers have internal DNS client, so they bypass system DNS resolver. Astrill can control only system DNS resolver. There is an option to disable this new feature and use system resolver.
To do so, type: chrome://flags
Then search for Asynchronous DNS, set it to Disabled. Restart browser. This should fix your issue.