Astrill Setup Manual:Windows
Getting Started with Astrill application setup on Windows
Downloading and Installing Astrill application
1. Download the setup installer from Download page. Do note that you need to click on any one of the Windows link and download the file to your computer. It should look like this after been downloaded on to your computer.
2. Double-click the "astrill-setup-win.exe" file that should be on your computer in your desktop, or downloads folders. You might get the security warning that you can safely ignore and run the installer application.
3. You can now proceed with the installation of Astrill application on your computer. You can refer to these screenshots of installation process as a guide.
It is recommended you restart your computer after installation. In any case, if you still face any issues or have any additional queries, feel free to contact us for help.
Running Astrill application
1. Once Astrill application has been installed successfully, you can now run the application. Find Astrill application (looks as grey star icon) on the desktop and double click on it to open.
2. You can now login into Astrill application window by using your Astrill account login details (username is the email address you registered and use the password you set during sign up process).
Once logged in you would be connected in Openweb mode by default.
You can select any server of your choice from the drop down list of application.
If you want to turn Astrill proxy off for some reason temporarily, you can do that by pressing the ON button once. It would toggle to OFF state and your real IP would be exposed again in the browser. You can switch back between ON/OFF real-time with no restrictions on switches whatsoever!
3. You can even switch to Openvpn mode within Astrill application if you want to tunnel internet traffic from all your applications via VPN. Look for Openweb/Openvpn drop down menu in title bar and change to Openvpn mode.
Now press on OFF button once to start connecting to the selected server of your choice.
Wait a minute and you should be connected when you see a ON button with lock icon against the server name.
If you want to disconnect, simply press the ON button again and it should disconnect from the server.
4. Once you are connected in Astrill application, you are ready to surf! Just check your IP address by clicking on Astrill icon in the system tray and selecting "Check My IP" option. It should open a page to confirm your IP address. If you see Astrill IP, you are good to go!
You can even take a tour of our application by visiting How it works page. We hope you enjoy Astrill - the fastest VPN service on the internet!